Campobello di Licata, belonging to the Agrigento province, is bordered by the Canale river to the west and by the Milici river to the east. The earliest settlement, grown near the Church of Jesus and Mary and the Castellania district, dates from 1681. The city developed around a few main streets bordered by 1700ís noble palazzi. Among its major attractions are the Church of Jesus and Mary, recently restored, and the 1600ís Mother Church, dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. The latter has three naves and houses interesting statues of Saint John and Our Lady of Perpetual Help.