Priolo Gargallo stands at 30m asl in the province of Siracusa. It has a population of 11,700 inhabitants. It was founded in 1809 in the fief of the Marquis of Castel Lentini Tommaso Gargallo. A remarkable economic and demographic growth was recorded in the second half of the 20th century associated with the flourishing local industrial district.
It became an autonomous city in 1979. The Chiesa dell’Angelo Custode, dating prior to the town’s foundation, and the 1800’s Chiesa dell’Immacolata are the main churches.