Militello Rosmarino is a small town of almost 2,000 inhabitants located in the Messina province at 420 a.s.l. Founded during the Norman rule over the Tyrrhenian coast of Valdemone, the town grew around its castle, now heavily damaged, built around 1090.
The 1500’s Chiesa dell’Annunziata, incorporating a Dominican convent, is decorated with interesting sculptures of the Renaissance Age. Worth-mentioning is also an arcade containing the statue of the Madonna and Child.
The Chiesa di San Domenico guards the sepulchre of Laura Rosso, wife of Baron Enrico Rosso, a well-known local benefactor.
Finally, there is the Chiesa di San Sebastiano, containing a 1600’s canvas depicting the Madonna with Saint Sebastian and Saint Rock.