Valguarnera Caropepe stands at a height of 590m a.s.l. in a hilly area of the Enna province. It totals almost 11,000 inhabitants.
Founded in 1628 by Francesco Valguarnera, it saw a remarkable growth during the 18th century notably associated with the thriving sulfur mining industry in the area.
The Chiesa Madre dedicated to Saint Christopher and the 1700ís Palazzo del Municipio (the Town Hall), in the precincts of the former Monte Frumentario, are the most attractive buildings.
Relics dating from between the 7th century BC and the 14th century AD have been unearthed in the archaeological area of Rossomanno, in the town surroundings.††