Montedoro is a city at 450m a.s.l. at the foot of the Croce Mount, in the vicinity of the Gallo d’Oro river. It counts nearly 2,000 inhabitants and belongs to the province of Caltanissetta. It was founded in 1635 by the Duke Terranova Don Diego Aragona Tagliavia Cortes. The subsequent Lords of the city were the Pignatellis.
Its major artistical attraction is the Mother Church, erected at the time of the city foundation and enlarged in the 18th century.