Villafranca Sicula is located at an altitude of 330m a.s.l. in the vicinity of the Verdura Riverís valley. It has about 1,800 inhabitants. It was founded by Antonio Alliata in 1499 and ever since ruled by his family, until 1812, year of the feudalism abolishment.
The cityís main attractions are the 1500ís Mother Church, the 1600ís Church of St. John the Baptist and the 1500ís Church of the Carmine.