Camastra, 340m of altitude and about 3,200 inhabitants, is located in the province of Agrigento. The city was founded in 1619 by Giacomo Lucchesi who some years later would be proclaim Duke by King Philip IV. Successive Lords of the town were the members of the Lanza di Trabia family. The 1600ís Mother Church dedicated to the Saviour is one of its best attractions. Nearby are the circular Gaffe and the octagonal Saint Nicholas Towers.